Monday, March 14, 2011

pansy



Those flowers.
Those gorgeous flowers.
Pansies, are they? I think they might be. Maybe violets.
Viiiiiolet. I think I might name my daughter Violet. Or Violetta, just to make it unusual. I want her to be pale, very very pale, with eyes the color of violets, and hair the color of ebony. Perfect, luscious eyelashes, lips not too dark, or too pale. Defined lips, like her mother's. Chiseled cheekbones, also like her mothers. I wonder who's eyes she would have. Will they show the peace and longing and sadness and ecstasy like her mother's? Or will they be more like her father's? Perfectly sloped nose, not too small, but not big either; perhaps like her grandmother's, or her great-grandmother's. In my mind's eye, she looks just like a fairy, complete with wings, in her lavender tutu. Purple tights, black ballerina flats. She's still a bit young for pointe. Violet leotard, with three-fourth sleeves. Violet, like her name. She's three, maybe four, in this memory. She's so graceful, even at such a young age, posing with her feet in fifth position, her hands arced above her head. She sports a tiny, thin silver tiara, perfectly complimenting her black hair. Her hair is not twisted into a bun, here. Instead, it's down, framing her little face. You can see the barre behind her, but it's blurred, and her hands and back are reflected in the mirror. You can almost feel her personality, for her smile almost peeps through her lips, the happiness shines in her eyes and lights them up.
Oh theyre so purple, so amazingly stunningly purple.
They remind me of a place I haven’t been, a time that hasn’t  happened. A feeling that I haven’t felt, and at this point, im not sure if I that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
They make me think happier days and sadness and dreary skies and fluffy white clouds, all in one. The yellow, which is on the exact opposite side of purple in the color wheel, is a nice pop, maybe that’s what has me thinking opposites. The green is almost relaxing, but the purple wont let me relax, wont let me take my eyes away. They have me hypnotized, mesmerized.
I want a bouquet of those for my room. Preferably all over the room, but just here and there would be nice too. Why is purple such a breathtaking color? These petaly flowers make me love it all the more.

15 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

This is wonderful! I really enjoyed reading these thoughts/memories.

Maggie said...

A lovely ode to purple and life. : )

rivercat said...

very well expressed and painterly
exposition on the magie pic :)

Unknown said...

I've always loved the name Violet!! I seriously think we're on the same brain-wave, lady! O.o You write so beautifully... you're lovely all around!

So nice to meet you! <3
-Brianne Danae

PS: I also love the name Wren. Maybe even together, like "Wren Violet". I dunno. :)

Bonnie said...

violets they are with a shamrock peering over them. Lovely peek into your future!!!

Anonymous said...

darling, your thoughts are amazing... i loved reading this post... and yes, Violetta is a wonderful name... I have a classmate named Viola, though. Her name sound good in the ear.

take care love!

sweet pea. said...

thanks guys =)))

Arian Tejano said...

If only we could buy such flowers ourselves. This is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

hello dove! i just gave you an award on my blog :)

DebbyMc said...

Oh, sweet violet. This is lovely.

~T~ said...

A lovely vision!
(Kind of hard to read, though. Do you always use purple on black?)

Lucy Westenra said...

Soreeee! Typeface too small for my 2nd.Class eyes.

Becca said...

Hi Sweet Pea! Love the post. I do love the color purple too! For some reason I feel like purple gets overlooked a lot, way to pay tribute! Have a lovely day!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very nice- had to get my specs out to read it, but once focused, really enjoyed your writing. Purple is my favorite color and you've honored it well!

sweet pea. said...

thanks for all the comments, guys.

and everyone who likes purple, i now like you that much more =)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3